The Story of this Quilt: In the story of The Fox and the Finch, Fox teaches Finchy to howl at the moon and Finchy teaches Fox how to fly. This inspiring story is created to encourage optimism and action and was originally envisioned by The Little Acorn founder Bridget Kelly in her original paintings. A wonderful story to embellish as little ones are put to bed at night. Little boys and girls of any age love this timeless and endearing story quilt.
The LIMITED EDITION Fox and the Finch quilt has beautifully hand crafted appliqués and embroideries of the Fox and Finch adventures. Individual scenes are intricately embroidered to show each episode of the Fox and the Finches fantastic journey. All natural 100% cotton white ground is framed with high quality linen in soft grey. Delicately hand quilted around the trees and each scene. This versatile quilt can be used as a nursery wall hanging with pole pocket on reverse, as well as a toddler quilt. In the true spirit of heirloom quality, this incredibly detailed quilt can be passed down in the family for generations. Also perfect for monogramming and personalizing.
DIMENSIONS & DETAILS;
- Here at The Little Acorn we design gender-flexible bedding & decor, where there are no gender specific colors, characters or patterns. Or collections are designed for sweet boys’ or girls’ bedrooms. Perfect for gift giving even when baby’s gender has not been revealed. This is unique to The Little Acorn and has resulted in numerous design and parental awards.
- The Little Acorn’s LIMITED EDITION collections guarantee that no more than 1000 of each quilt, bumper and crib skirt is hand-made, assuring your customer a genuine treasured heirloom that can be passed down in the family for generations.
- At The Little Acorn, quilting and tufting are done by hand and add to the beauty and design of the finished quilt, But the more functional purpose for our handwork is to trap air within the quilted and tufted sections, making the quilt slightly more puffy and as a whole, much warmer. This handwork adds to the beauty and luxury of our quilts.
- Reverse of quilt has a pole pocket at top for display option. A feature that makes our quilts stand out for wall art displays, as well as highly functional toddler sleeping quilts.
- We use 100% polyester hypoallergenic fill. In ordinary bedding dust mites and dander flourish in the tiny spaces and gaps. Alternatives like hypoallergenic polyester fill help keep a child’s bed free from these irritants. We keep the outer layers of our quilts all natural washable cotton where they have contact to a child’s sensitive skin.
- Reverse is our grey Fox Dot print on Soft 100% breathable cotton, 250 Thread-count percale. A percale weave is noticeably denser and wears well over time.
- Cotton percale face with natural linen trim.
- Machine washable
- 36″ Wide x 50″ Tall